St. Leonard’s Church dates from 1775 and the present building replaced a medieval building which had become so decayed that permission had been given to demolish it entirely. Little is known of the old building but the new church was built on the original foundations. In 1876 the church was “gothicised” by raising the roof, remodeling the windows and adding an apse to the very plain georgian building of the previous century. Inside the 18th Century box pews remain, the Victorians added a chancel screen and encaustic floor tiles which have recently been renovated.
Church Wardens are responsible for the day to day running of the church and can be contacted on the following numbers:-
Dick Withington – 01926 632644
Draycote Group of Parishes Link: www.draycotegroup.org.uk